1. They're baby friendly. They are a good snack to feed to babies young and old!
2. They're fiber rich. There are 10 grams of fiber in one medium-sized avocado. There are two grams of fiber in one serving, which is one-fifth of a medium avocado.
3. They upgrade your dips and spreads. There are fewer calories in avocados than the same amount of butter, mayonnaise, sour cream, peanut butter, almond butter, olive oil, and coconut oil
4. They're gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian and cholesterol-free. Avocados are naturally FULL of nutrition, so there's no need for special labels. They're full of flavor; think of all of the meals you can healthily with avocado!
1. People first grew carrots as medicine, not food, for a variety of ailments.
2. They're How Old? Carrots can be traced back about 5,000 years through historical documents and paintings. No one knows exactly when the first carrots appeared, because many people mistook them for parsnips, a close relative of the carrot.
3. Nutrition Facts: A medium-size carrot has 25 calories, 6 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber. The veggie is an excellent source of vitamin A, providing more than 200% of your daily requirement in just one carrot. Carrots are loaded with beta-carotene, a natural chemical that the body changes into vitamin A. The deeper orange the carrot, the more beta-carotene you’re getting.
4. We think of carrots as orange, but they can also be white, yellow, red, and purple.
5. A Surprising Hater of Carrots...Mel Blanc, the voice of cartoon character Bugs Bunny, reportedly did not like carrots.