3 Forelle Pears
1 Tablespoon Kings Organic Butter, melted
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Kings Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Teaspoons Sherry Vinegar
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
7 Cups Baby Arugula
1 Cup Toasted Kings Pecans
½ Cup Dried Cherries
Preheat oven to 450 Degrees
1. Cut each pear lengthwise, remove the core, then set cut side down on a board and slice thinly into 5-6 slices lengthwise again
2. Toss pears with butter and sugar
3. Place on baking sheet and in oven to roast for 10 minutes or until browned on bottom. Flip and roast until tender and deep brown, about 5 more minutes
4. Let pears cool.
5. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together.
6. Combine arugula and pears in a large serving bowl, and gently toss with the dressing
7. Sprinkle pecans and cherries on top and serve topped with the fennel parmesan crisps
For the Fennel Parmesan Crisps:
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
1. Mix the grated cheese and fennel seeds together.
2. Sprinkle onto a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet, forming a thin even layer.
3. Bake until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
4. Cool and break into bite-sized pieces.