4 Kings/Bell & Evans Chicken Bone-in Whole Legs or Drums
4 Kings/Bell & Evans Chicken Bone-in Thighs
1 Teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 Teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon pepper
½ Teaspoon onion powder
½ Cup Kings Organic Butter
2 Cups prepared barbecue sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Line a large sheet pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. Wash and dry the chicken and set it aside.
3. Combine the seasonings – poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and onion powder. Coat the chicken with this seasoning mixture.
4. Lay the seasoned chicken on the foil-lined pan. Bake 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake another 5 minutes.
5. Melt the butter and brush the chicken. Bake 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over. Brush the other side with the remaining butter and bake another 5 minutes.
6. Using tongs, dip the chicken in the barbecue sauce and coat evenly. Return to the foil lined cookie sheet in a single layer.
7. Return to the hot oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and brush on more of the glaze if necessary. If you aren’t sure the chicken is completely cooked, check the internal temperature. It should be 175 degrees.
8. Cool slightly and serve.