3 Pounds Peeled Butternut Squash
1/2 Cup Onion, minced
1 Stalk Celery
2 Quarts Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/2 Cup Kings Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
1. Toss the squash with 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil. Spread the squash on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake 30 to 45-minutes or until a knife easily goes into the thickest piece. Remove from the oven and cool.
2. Meanwhile, finely mince the onion and celery. Melt the butter in a large, heavy soup pot. Add the onion and celery and sweat them for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth and bring it to a simmer on medium-high heat.
4. Add the squash to the soup pot.
5. Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
6. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Or puree it in a blender. Don’t fill the blender to the top! It might take 3 or 4 batches to puree all of the soup.
7. Combine the sour cream, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine and pour it into a squeeze bottle.
8. Put a ladle of the soup into a bowl. Drizzle some of the sour cream mixture on top, sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons of pepitas and serve.