¼ Cup Olive Oil
2 Ounces Kings Organic Unsalted Butter
2 Cups Onion, chopped
2 Cups Celery, chopped
2/3 Cup Marsala
2 Teaspoons Thyme
14 Slices White Bread, cut into ½-inch cubes, crisped in oven until firm but not golden
3 Cups Jarred Cooked Chestnuts, chopped
½ Cup Vegetable Broth
½ Cup Heavy Cream
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the butter and oil. Add the onions and celery to the sauté pan and cook covered over low heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add Marsala. Cook over medium-high heat until most of the liquid is evaporated.
3. Lower heat and season lightly with salt, pepper and thyme.
4. Add bread cubes and chestnuts. Stir well to combine.
5. Slowly stir in broth and cream, adding more as necessary if mixture seems too dry.
6. Cover until stuffing is heated through. Check seasoning (salt, pepper, thyme).