4 Tbsp unsalted buter
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup all purpose
½ cup dry white wine
1½ cups whole milk
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
Dash of hot sauce
2 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced small
16 oz Kings Brand Mixed Vegetables, frozen
1 lb poached or roasted chicken, shredded
Salt and pepper
2 sheets puff pastry (from 17 oz package)
1 egg, beaten with 2 tsp water
*15 oz oven-safe ramekins (round, square or oblong), sprayed with cooking spray
1. Heat butter in a large skillet or dutch oven and add the onion.
2. Saute for 3 mins over medium heat and add garlic. Saute an additional 4-5 mins, just until golden.
3. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
4. Whisk in the white wine and stir until absorbed.
5. Whisk in milk, then chicken stock.
6. Season with salt and pepper and stir in thyme and hot sauce.
7. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir in diced potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables.
8. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
9. Stir in shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
11. Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture between the four ramekins.
12. Very lightly roll out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles, squares or circles. Cover the ramekins and allow the pastry to slightly overhang.
13. Brush the pastry with egg wash and prick the tops with a fork.
14. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden, about 20 mins.
15. Serve in the ramekins.