4 oz Semisweet Chocolate
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
3 Large Kings Organic Eggs
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
1. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan. Dust with cocoa and set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate and place it in the top of a double boiler. Add the butter and cook over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are melted and thoroughly incorporated.
3. While the chocolate and butter are melting, break the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly.
4. Remove the double boiler from the heat. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a medium bowl.
5. Stir in the sugar, cocoa, beaten eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Stir or fold to combine.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Prepare a bain-marie (water bath). Line a pan larger than the cake pan with a clean kitchen towel. There should be at least 2 or 3 inches around the cake pan. Place the cake pan on the towel. Add boiling water to the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
8. Carefully place the bain-marie into the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Note that the center will still look wet.
9. Set on a rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Unmold the cake on a rack or serving plate to cool.
10. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.