Six Alaskan Copper River Salmon Steaks, 6 oz ea
6 Ounces Double Cream Brie
2 Tablespoons Shallots, minced
½ Cup Vodka
1 Cup Kings Orange Juice
¼ Cup Cranberry Juice
Arrowroot Slurry, as needed (1/2 Water and ½ Arrowroot or Cornstarch)
Kosher Salt and White Pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons Chopped Italian Parsley
3 Tablespoons Kings Organic Butter, softened
Preheat grill on high.
1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, sweat the shallots until translucent.
2. Deglaze and flame with the vodka.
3. When the flames subside, add the juices and bring to a boil.
4. Add the arrowroot slurry gradually, whisking constantly until thickened. Adjust seasonings, strain and reserve hot for serving.
5. Grill the steaks, marking well on both sides. Baste each steak well with the butter immediately after each turn. Cook to medium (internal temperature of 145 Degrees).
6. Remove and line up on a baking pan. Top each with a slice of brie; place under the broiler until just melted.
7. Garnish with the parsley and serve on the sauce.