4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
1 Cup Pecan Pieces
2 Bunches Fresh Asparagus, About 1-1/2 Pounds, trimmed
2 Tablespoons Salt
6 Tablespoons Kings Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
2 Teaspoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Pound Large Bay Scallops
2 Cups Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper To Taste
4 Cups Mixed Salad Greens
1/2 Cup Favorite Vinaigrette
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Sauté over medium heat until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain and set aside.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the pecans over the pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven until you can smell the nuts roasted and they have turned a golden brown – about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 6-8 cups of cold water. Bring the water to a boil and add the salt, then the asparagus. Adjust the heat so the water is at a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are almost tender – they should still be a bit firm and not soggy.
4. Remove the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Pat them dry, cut them into bite sized pieces and set aside.
5. Combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the soy sauce in a large zip top bag. Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Add the scallops to the bag and seal. Turn several times to thoroughly coat the scallops. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
6. Heat a large sauté pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Drain the scallops and add them to the hot pan. Cook 7-10 minutes or until they are cooked through. Do not overcook or the scallops will be rubbery.
7. Remove the scallops from the pan. Wipe the bottom. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and then add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Cook 2-3 minutes. The mushrooms should be cooked almost through, but still be slightly firm. Remove from the heat.
8. Assemble the salads. Divide the salad greens between 4 salad plates. Divide the bacon, asparagus, scallops, mushrooms and pecans over the greens. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salads and serve.