1 Pound Fresh, Shucked Oysters. The Kings seafood associate can do this for you.
12 Ounces Dried Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Unsalted Butter (1 Stick)
2 Cups Diced Celery
2 Cups Diced Onion
1/4 Cup Minced Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried, Crushed Poultry Seasoning
1 Cup Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Butter a large baking dish and set aside.
2. Shuck the oysters, reserving the liquid.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter, adjusting the heat if necessary so the butter does not brown.
5. Add the celery and onion. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the broth and poultry seasoning.
6. Pour this mixture over the bread crumbs. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
7. Fold the oysters and parsley into the bread mixture. If you prefer a moister dressing, stir in some of the reserved oyster liquor.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until heated through and oysters are cooked.