Kings Beef Tenderloin (The Kings Butcher will be very happy to trim and prepare your tenderloin)
Salt and Pepper
1. Allow the trimmed and tied tenderloin to come to room temperature on the kitchen counter approximately 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Preheat grill on high; Keep one side on high heat and lower the other side to low heat.
3. Season beef tenderloin with salt and pepper and drizzle and rub with olive oil.
4. Now that the beef tenderloin has warmed to room temperature and your grill is hot, place the tenderloin over the hot part of the grill to sear. You want to sear (not burn!) all sides of the tenderloin to create a nice crust.
5. Once all sides are seared, insert your high heat safe probe thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin and then move it over to the lower temperature side of the grill.
6. Close the lid. Maintain a grill temperature of around 325 – 350 Degrees. A six pound beef tenderloin should take a little over an hour to reach a temperature of 125-130 degrees. Don’t go by time though, cook by temperature.
7. Once the tenderloin hits 125-130 Degrees, remove from the grill and place on a platter.
8. Allow the tenderloin to rest under aluminum foil for 15 minutes before carving.
9. Remove the twine and carve either thick filets, or for maximum tenderness, thin slices and serve.