4 Sweet Red Pears
½ Bottle of White Wine
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Sugar
1-1½ Tablespoons Dried Lavender, wrapped in cheesecloth
Prepared Whipped Cream
1. Peel the pears, leaving stem on and rub with lemon juice.
2. Dissolve sugar in liquid in pot and add lavender. Bring to a boil and add pears.
3. Boil at medium-high heat for approximately 30 minutes, or until soft, periodically turning pears so that they cook evenly.
4. Remove pears and let cool to room temperature.
5. Boil the cooking liquid until it is reduced to a thick syrup and then remove lavender and pour through a fine mesh strainer. Let the syrup cool.
6. Ladle syrup onto plate and stand up pears, shaving bottom of pears as necessary.
7. Serve whole, or core and cut each pear in half. Place with whipped cream and toasted or candied walnuts in the center of the pear half.