8 Small to Medium Russet Potatoes
2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1-2 Tablespoons Coarse Sea Salt
1/4 Pound Thick Bacon Slices
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-2 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Combination Cheddar/Monterey Jack
1 Cup Sour Cream (or More)
2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions or KINGS Organic Fresh Chives
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
1. Wash and dry the potatoes and cut them in half length-wise. Brush each potato with olive oil and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Liberally sprinkle salt over the skin side.
2. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a knife tip slips in and out with no resistance. Remove from the oven and cool 5-10 minutes, or until they are not too hot to hold in your hand.
3. Cook the bacon until crispy, but not too dark, while the potatoes are baking. Remove the bacon to some paper towels to drain and cool. Crumble the cooled bacon and set aside.
4. Scoop out most of the potato from the skin, being careful to leave enough potato to give structure, about 1/2 to 3/4 inches.
5. Place the potato skins face up on the baking dish.
6. Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
7. Place 1 tablespoon grated cheese in the cavity of each potato. Sprinkle some crumbled bacon on top of the cheese.
8. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. Sprinkle some paprika over the bubbling cheese. Top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with the green onions or chives. Serve Immediately.