8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
8 ounces Kings Organic Butter
2/3 cup sugar
6 Kings eggs, separated
3 cups mixed fresh berries
3 tablespoon red currant jelly
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch spring form pan.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the egg yolks and melted chocolate working just until smooth and combined.
4. In a separate, very clean mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture just until combined. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake until set, about 1 hour. Cool on a rack.
5. Remove the outer ring of the pan and transfer the cooled cake to a serving plate. Heat the jelly to dissolve and toss the berries with the jelly to coat. Arrange the berries over the gateau and serve with whipped cream, if desired.