2-3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Pounds Norwegian Salmon Filet, cut into 4-6 portions
2 Cups Lump Crabmeat
1/4 Cup Minced Shallots
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Dry Vermouth
1 Cup Finely Chopped Plum Tomatoes
6-8 Tablespoons Sweet Butter, slightly chilled
2-3 Tablespoons Minced KINGS Organic Fresh Chives
Kosher Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Season Norwegian Salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a 12-inch skillet until hot. Add the Norwegian Salmon. Sauté/sear 3-4 minutes to seal in the juices.
3. Remove the filets from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
4. Degrease the pan. Add the remaining oil and the shallots and cook for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes, and vermouth and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes and reduce liquid until only 1 or 2 tablespoons remain in the pan.
6. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter – one tablespoon at a time – to create an emulsified sauce.
7. Add the Norwegian Salmon back to the sauce. Add the chives. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Top Salmon with crabmeat and serve over rice or orzo.