2-3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 Pound Large Bay Scallops – muscle removed
1/4 Cup Minced Shallots
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Dry Vermouth
1 Cup Finely Chopped Plum Tomatoes
6-8 Tablespoons Sweet Butter, slightly chilled
2-3 Tablespoons Minced KINGS Organic Fresh Chives
Kosher Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Dry the scallops well. Lightly toss the scallops with the oil and kosher salt.
2. Heat a 12-inch skillet until very hot. Add the scallops. Sauté/sear 2-3 minutes to seal in the juices.
3. Remove the scallops from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
4. Degrease the pan. Add the remaining oil and the shallots and cook for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes, and vermouth and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes and reduce liquid until only 1 or 2 tablespoons remain in the pan.
6. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter – one tablespoon at a time – to create an emulsified sauce.
7. Add the scallops back to the sauce. Add the chives. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve over rice or orzo.