1-1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled
1 small onion
1 Kings organic egg, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Place the peeled parsnips into a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Shred the onion and parsnips in a food processor, or use the largest holes on a box grater. Place in a large bowl.
3. Lightly beat the egg and add to the parsnip and onion mixture. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Stir just to combine. Do not overwork the mixture. Season with cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Form into 8 equal-sized pancakes approximately 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Place on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper so they don’t stick.
5. Preheat a large sauté pan. Add the olive oil to a depth of 1/8 inch. When the olive oil is hot, add the pancakes. Cook over medium heat until golden on both sides – about 5-7 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.