1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
3 Medium Scallions, cut lengthwise into fine matchsticks, about ½ cup
1 – 2x1/4-inch Knob of Fresh Ginger, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
Kosher Salt, to taste
4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
2 Large Kings Organic Eggs
½ Cup Salted Peanuts, finely chopped
4 Kings Tilapia Fillets, skinless (about 4 ounces each)
4 Teaspoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar, or to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Cups Cooked Jasmati Brown Rice, follow cooking instructions of package
1. In a 10-12-inch heavy nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
2. Add the scallions and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re just golden, with some green still visible on the scallions, 2-4 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat, and with a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to paper towels to drain (leave the oil in the skillet). Toss the ginger and scallions lightly with salt.
4. Line up three wide shallow dishes. Put the flour in the first; beat the egg in the second; put the peanuts in third. Season the tilapia fillets with salt. Dredge one fillet in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip the fillet in the egg and then coat it with peanuts. Set the fillet on a rack and repeat with the second fillet.
5. Reheat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tilapia fillets and cook until golden on each side and the flesh is opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side (reduce the heat if they brown too fast). Put the tilapia on dinner plates, sprinkle with the rice vinegar and pepper to taste, top with the frizzled vegetables and serve with prepared Jasmati Brown rice.
NOTE: Instead of peanuts, try coating the fish with Kings cashews or sesame seeds. Or just season the fillets with salt and pepper and sear them with no coating at all.