1 lb Kings Organic Penne pasta
2 cups prepared tomato basil sauce
1 lb assorted red, yellow and green peppers
1 lb grilled Portobello mushrooms, julienne
¼ cup olive oil
2 cups sliced pitted calamata olives
½ cup Locatelli Romano cheese
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
½ cup basil leaves
1. Roast peppers by placing under your broiler until all sides are blacken, place blacked peppers in a bowl and cover with foil. After 10 minutes brush away blacken skin, julienne.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding in 2 tbls salt.
3. Cook penne al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
4. Heat a saucepan add in olive oil and sauté sliced garlic until golden brown, add in tomato basil sauce, julienned roasted peppers and Portobello mushrooms, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Toss with cooked pasta and sliced olives serve with basil leaves and Romano cheese.