2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Two 1½ Pound Porterhouse Steaks
2-3 Tablespoons Chopped Rosemary
Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
2 Shallots, minced (1/3 Cup)
1/3 Cup Brandy
1 Cup Good Quality Beef Stock
1/3-1/2 Cup Cream
4-6 Ounces Crumbled Stilton Cheese
Salt to taste
2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
Heat a 12-inch sauté pan
1. Brush steak surface with oil. Mix rosemary, cracked pepper and salt. Divide mixture between both sides of the steaks and press in to coat.
2. Cook steaks until desired doneness. (2-½ minutes per-side for rare, 3-3 ½ minutes per-side for medium rare). Keep steaks warm.
3. Degrease pan, add shallots to pan and cook 1 minute. Deglaze the pan off the heat with brandy and beef stock and reduce 1-2 minutes
4. Add cream and continue to reduce to thin sauce consistency.
5. Add Stilton, adjust seasoning, add parsley and serve sauce over steak.