One 15 oz. can Kings Organic red kidney beans
2 Strips bacon -- chopped
2 Cloves garlic -- chopped
1 Cup onion -- chopped
2 Cups vegetable stock
1 Pound smoked sausage -- diced
1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper -- or to taste
2 Cups cooked Kings Organic Long Grain Rice
1. Drain and rinse the beans and set aside.
2. Sauté the bacon in a large open skillet until crisp. Add the onion and celery and cook until softened.
3. Add the sausage and cook until most of the pink color of the sausage has gone.
4. Add the bay leaf, crushed pepper, and warmed stock.
5. Bring the contents of the pan to a high simmer and add the drained beans.
6. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 -15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced. Mix in cooked rice