1 whole Kings pike (about 4 pounds) with head and fins, scaled and cleaned. The Kings Seafood associate would be happy to do this for you
3 thyme sprigs
2 oregano sprigs
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 lemons cut into wedges, for serving
2 tbls minced parsley
2 tbls minced chives
2 tbls minced basil
1 anchovy fillet
2 small gherkin pickles
1 tbls capers, drained
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 stick Kings Organic Butter, softened
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
Squeeze of lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees
1. Wash the pike inside out and dry it on paper towels.
2. Cut 2 or 3 diagonal slashes in both sides of the fish so the oven heat can penetrate and cook the fish more evenly. Tuck herb sprigs into each slash.
3. Set the fish in a foil lined oiled baking dish or roasting pan and sprinkle it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast the fish, brushing regularly with more olive oil, until the skin is brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
4. The flesh should no longer be transparent; check it by flaking a bit from the backbone with a fork.
5. Herb Butter: Drain the anchovies and work them in a food processor with the herbs, pickles, capers, garlic and butter until finely chopped. With the blades turning, slowly pour in the olive oil. The herb butter will be creamy. Add the mustard and season the butter to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. To finish, transfer the whole fish to a warm platter and decorate it with lemon wedges. Serve the herb butter in a separate bowl.