24 Small Brussels Sprouts, taken from stalk
3-4 Tablespoons Kings Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
1. Rinse the Brussels sprouts thoroughly. Shake off the excess water. Trim the bottoms and pull off any “floppy” or unattractive leaves.
2. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. Rub them with olive oil.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Adjust the heat if the oil starts to smoke. Add the Brussels sprouts cut side down. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Cook until the sprouts are tender and golden brown on the bottom – about 4-5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the sprouts. Taste for seasoning after you add the cheese. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.