10 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup Kings balsamic vinegar
3 teaspoons sugar
6 ounces Brie cheese
8 spears asparagus
2 large Portobello mushrooms
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Defrost phyllo dough with a damp clean kitchen towel covering phyllo.
2. Roast Portobello mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, on a small baking sheet about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Wash and dry asparagus; roast with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss mushrooms and asparagus separately in the bowl and let cool for 30 minutes.
4. Slice onion very fine in medium sauce pan. Heat remaining olive oil. Sauté onions until soft. Do not ground. Add sugar and balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Cook until liquid has evaporated. In Cuisinart with blade attachment, puree onion mixture with Brie cheese. Mount onion mixture.
5. Delicately separate one sheet phyllo. Brush with melted butter. Repeat 3 times so you end with a three layer dough. Split dough directlyin center with small knife (2-7 inch squares). 1 tablespoon of onion mixture mixture. Add four slices of Portobello. Now gently roll it up covering mixture. With the knife fold ends in one inch and roll one more time.
6. Lightly butter each roll. Three rolls. Chill for 10 minutes. Cook until golden brown 10-5 minutes.