1 Pound Ready-to-Cook Kings Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 Teaspoon Salt, plus additional as needed
1 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons
1 Medium Onion, sliced
1 (14 ½ oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
3 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves
8 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Pound of Linguine
Il Pepe Nero Pecorino Cheese
1. Place water on stove and bring to a boil. Salt water.
2. Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes.
3. Add the onion to the a large skillet, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano.
4. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for about one more minute, mixing, and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and basil. Season with more salt, to taste, and serve.
5. Add pasta to boiling water; remove when they rise to the top. Drain pasta.
6. Serve pasta with sauce and shrimp.
7. Top with grated peccorino cheese.