2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Small Leeks, trimmed & julienned (whites only)
1 Lemon Grass Stalk, trimmed & chopped
2 Tablespoons Ginger, minced
1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Thai Curry Paste (or chili with garlic)
1 Can (14 Ounces) Diced Tomatoes
1 1/2 Cups Fish Stock or Chicken Stock
1 Can (14 Ounces) Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Lite Soy Sauce
1/2 Pound Mexican White Shrimp, peeled & split
Juice of One Lime
Prepared Jasmine Rice
1. Prepare the vegetables as described above.
2. Heat the oil in a 4-5 quart soup pot.
3. Sauté the leeks, ginger, lemon grass and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and chili paste and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, stock, coconut milk and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and add shrimp. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
7. Remove the lid and add the chopped cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice. Serve over jasmine rice.