Argan Oil Thai Chicken
For the Almond Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp PB2 (or 2 tbsp Argania Butter Classic Almond Butter )
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
For the Chicken:
- cooking spray
- 16 oz ground chicken
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 4 lime wedges
- 8 iceberg lettuces outer leaves
Make the Almond Butter sauce; in a small saucepan combine chicken broth, PB2, 1/2 tablespoon sriracha, honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, and 1 clove crushed garlic and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and thickens, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet or wok over high medium until hot.
When hot, spray with oil and sauté the chicken until cooked through and browned, breaking it up as it cooks; add the sriracha, remaining garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute. Add the tablespoon of soy sauce, cook 1 minute.
Add the shredded carrots, and 1/2 cup of the scallions and sauté until tender crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Divide the chicken equally between 8 lettuce leaves, top each with shredded cabbage, remaining scallions, drizzle with Almond Butter sauce, chopped almonds and cilantro, for garnish and serve with lime wedges.