Chili-Lime Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema & Cucumber Salsa
Wild-Caught Gulf Shrimp, 8 ounces
Garlic, 2 cloves
Ground Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon
Chili Spice, 1/4 teaspoon
Cucumber, 6 ounces
Sour Cream, 2 packets
Green Onion, 1 ounce
Mint, 2 sprigs
Flour Tortillas, 4 small
Cotija Cheese, 1 ounce
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
MISE EN PLACE
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Cut 1 lime into wedges. Juice remaining 2 limes.
- Dice cucumber.
- Thinly slice green onion.
- Pick and chop mint leaves.
In a bowl, toss together shrimp, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic, cumin, chile powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
In a bowl, toss together cucumber and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Halve avocado. Discard pit, and transfer flesh to a bowl.
- Add remaining lime juice. Mash well with a fork.
- Fold in sour cream, green onion and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add shrimp. Cook, tossing, until shrimp are pink all over, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate.
Toss mint with cucumber. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt.
WARM TORTILLAS AS DESIRED
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet.
- Alternatively, wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel. Microwave 30 seconds, or until warm to the touch.
- Divide shrimp between tortillas.
- Top with avocado crema and Cotija.
- Serve with cucumber salsa and any remaining crema. Enjoy!