Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps & Noodles with Sesame & Radish
Spaghetti, 4 ounces
Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
White Cooking Wine, 1 tablespoon
Tamari, 1 packet
Turbinado Sugar, 1 packet
Ground Grass-Fed Beef, 8 ounces
Green Onion, 2 ounces
Ginger, 1/2 ounce
Garlic, 2 cloves
Cilantro, 4 sprigs
Radish, 3 ounces
Lettuce, 1 each
Fill a saucepan half full with about 6 cups water. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and place over high heat. This is your pasta cooking water.
MISE EN PLACE
- Finely chop green onion, keeping white and green parts separate.
- Peel and mince ginger.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Thinly slice radish. Cut crosswise into thin matchsticks.
- Separate lettuce leaves; and select the 6 best cup-shaped leaves.
- When water boils, add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender but not mushy, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pan, and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Cover to keep warm.
While pasta cooks:
- In a bowl, combine remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, wine, tamari, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Mix in beef.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add onion whites, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add beef in 1/2-inch pieces. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn beef. Cook, stirring, until browned all over, 2-3 minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in half of cilantro.
To noodles, add radish, onion greens and remaining cilantro. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on 2 plates. Spoon ginger beef into each lettuce cup.
- Divide noodles between each plate, and enjoy!