Grilled Steelhead Trout with Jersey Corn, Fennel and Tomato with Lemon Tahini Dressing
6 – 6-oz. Steelhead Trout Fillets
Kosher Salt – Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Lemon Tahini Dressing
1 Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/3 Cup Sesame Tahini Paste
¼ Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Corn, Fennel, Tomato Salad
3 cobs- Jersey Sweet Corn, Shucked and grilled over hot grill to provide some charring of the kernels
1lb – Vine Ripe or Heirloom variety Jersey Tomatoes, cut into ¾” chunks. Best quality Most ripe.
1lb – Fennel Bulb, Green tops removed and discarded , white bottom section sliced against the grain in ¼” slices.
2 Tablespoons Italian Parsley, roughly torn
- Whisk Garlic, Salt and Tahini Together
- Combine Water and Lemon Juice. Stream into tahini mixture while stirring. Continue until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add more water as needed if to thick.
- Whisk in Olive Oil (Mixture should be smooth and creamy)
- Reserve Chilled
- Remove Grilled Corn kernels from cob with sharp knife, add to non reactive bowl.
- Add Shaved Fennel, Italian Parsley. Mix Lightly
- Add Tomatoes to fennel corn mix. Mix very carefully. Do not smash the tomatoes
- Lightly season with Kosher Salt and Fresh Black Pepper.
- Reserve Chilled
- Heat charcoal grill (preferable). Clean the grates and wipe excess carbon from grates with paper towel that has been lightly oiled.
- Pat Steelhead fillets with olive oil and season with Salt and Pepper. Fish that has not chilled will grill better.
- Place on lightly oiled grate of hot grill and cook 6-7 minutes on first side.
- Turn carefully with flat flexible spatula and cook another 2 minutes on second side.
- Remove from grill to serving plate.
- Add chilled Corn, Tomato, Fennel Salad to top of fish
- Drizzle lightly with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Serve immediately