No Knead Lemon and Herb Bread
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of instant yeast
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
2 tbsps. of parsley
1 tbsp of rosemary
1/2 tsp of thyme
1/2 tsp sage
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
3 oz lemon juice
9 oz of water, room temperature
3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
Recipe and Image provided by britneybreaksbread.wordpress.com @BritneyBreaksBread
1. In a large bowl, combine flour with yeast, garlic salt, herbs, and whisk all these ingredients together.
2. Stir in lemon juice, water, and extra virgin olive oil until dough becomes sticky. Then cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise/double in size. This should take around 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 450-degree Fahrenheit and put a Dutch oven into the oven to heat for 30 minutes.
4. While the Dutch oven is heating, cut a large piece of parchment paper and lightly sprinkle with flour. Add the dough to the parchment paper and lightly mold into a ball with your hands.
5. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven and add the dough with the parchment paper to the pot. Cover with a lid and bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and then continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Once the bread is done, remove the bread from the Dutch oven and allow the bread to cool on a cooling rack for about 2-3 hours so that the bread will continue to cook all the way through!
7. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and flake salt (optional)