Panettone French Toast
1 each (2 lb) Panettone
1.5 c whole milk
6 tbsp butter, cut into tbsp size pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp orange zest
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
4 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Cut the panettone into 7 slices (each about ¾” thick).
2. Cut each slice in half. This will give you 14 slices, including the ends.
3. In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, orange zest, spices and sugar until well-mixed.
4. Dip the bread into the milk & egg mixture.
5. Melt 1 tbsp of the butter over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add in a few slices of the dipped bread.
6. Cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Set aside the cooked pieces.
7. Add more butter into the sauté pan and repeat until all of the pieces have been sautéed.
8. Place the French toast onto a parchment lined sheet tray and into a 350F oven for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and enjoy with maple syrup.