Triple Chocolate S’mores Treats
Enjoy all of the best parts of the classic campfire treat without any bonfire or the ooey-gooey mess! Loaded with graham crackers, chocolate, and a toasty marshmallow top, these can easily be whipped up ahead of time to serve a crowd or bring to your next summer party.
Measure out the following and set aside:
2 ½ c Rice Krispies
1 sleeve graham crackers, broken into ½" pieces
2 ½ c Cocoa Krispies*
½ c each milk and dark chocolate, broken into ½" pieces**
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 - 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
3 oz (~½ c) white chocolate chips
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp vanilla
* You can use all regular Rice Krispies if desired— 5 c total cereal
** We cut up our favorite chocolate bars for meltier texture. Chocolate chips can also be used but will stay firmer.
- Prepare the pan by lining it with foil and then parchment—spray thoroughly with baking spray. You’ll need a heat-proof spatula (spray it with baking spray too) and a large nonstick pan (we used a 12" nonstick skillet that was large enough to hold the mixture once the cereal and graham crackers were added).
- Place the butter into your non-stick pan over medium heat to melt it. Add the marshmallows, white chocolate chips and salt and stir until completely melted and evenly combined. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Add the cereals to the pan and stir until evenly coated, then add the graham cracker pieces and fold them in until evenly combined. Scoop ¼ of the mixture into the prepared pan, press into an even layer and scatter ⅓ of the chocolate pieces over top. Repeat these layers until the mixture and chocolate is all in the pan, ending with the last ¼ of the cereal mixture. Press firmly on top, adding a few extra pieces of chocolate and graham crackers to garnish the top if desired. Cool completely then cut and serve. Store in an airtight container.
- They are delicious as is, or they make a great base for a freshly toasted marshmallow!