Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
1. Choose a baking dish large enough to hold the bundles in a single layer and lightly butter the bottom.
2. Steam the asparagus until al dente (a little underdone). Drain, refresh in cold water, dry and set aside.
3. Set aside 12 long thin slices of the cheese and divide the rest into 6 portions.
4. Spread out the prosciutto slices and lay three asparagus spears across the short side of each slice. Top with the cheese, tucking some in between the spears. Fold the prosciutto snugly around the asparagus and place the bundles in the prepared baking dish. Lay the remaining 12 slices of cheese across the bundles, forming an X. Dot each bundle with about one teaspoon of butter and place on the top shelf of the oven. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the top is a spotty brown.
5. Remove and rest for 5 minutes, then serve each person a bundle. Spoon the accumulated juices over the top and serve with crusty Italian bread.