• In a bowl, combine yogurt, sweet curry spice and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• Cut each chicken breast into 8 equal pieces.
• Add chicken to bowl. Stir to coat.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Pick and chop dill fronds; reserve stems.
• Peel and thinly slice shallot.
• Discard pea tips and strings.
• Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 pat butter. When butter melts, add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
• Add barberries. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
• Add rice, almonds, dill stems, 1 cup water, saffron and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• When mixture simmers, cover pan, and reduce heat to low. Cook until most liquid is absorbed, 8-10 minutes. Keep covered, and remove from heat.
While rice cooks:
• Place 4 chicken pieces on each skewer.
• Keep pieces next to each other, but not pressed firmly together.
• Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add chicken skewers. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Flip skewers.
Scatter in shallot and peas around the skewers. Cook, stirring vegetables occasionally, until shallot becomes translucent and chicken is opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
Stir in 1/4 cup water, remaining 1 pat butter and chopped dill. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Divide between 2 plates.
• Serve skewers over barberry rice with peas and shallots on the side. Enjoy!