1. Heat a 12-inch sauté pan, add 1 ½ tablespoons oil and cook shrimp 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and degrease.
2. Add remaining oil to the pan and sauté shallots and chipotle 1 minute. Add tomatoes and vermouth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Or add cream and bring to a boil, simmer 1-2 minutes.
3. Add cilantro and shrimp, adjust seasoning and serve shrimp over polenta.
*To roast tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Slice the tomatoes in half and remove the jelly and seeds. Place on the baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30-40 minutes.
2. Tomatoes should occasionally be checked to see if the moisture has evaporated and they look shriveled. Remove from the oven and allow the tomatoes to cool slightly. Loosen the tomatoes from the parchment gently with a spatula while still warm. Store in a container in the refrigerator if not using right away (up to 3 weeks). When ready to use, cut the tomatoes into small dice.