• Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Position rack in center of oven. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper caking cup liners.
• Whisk flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
• In another medium mixing bowl whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla together until well blended.
• Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and combine until well blended. Do not over beat. Stir in the chocolate chips.
• Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and place in the center of oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from pan and serve immediately or cool on a rack.
Muffins can be stored in a tightly sealed plastic container in refrigerator or covered with plastic wrap and then with foil and stored in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. Best when eaten within 4 days of baking. Rewarm briefly in microwave.
created by: Annalise Roberts
Gluten-Free Baking Classics 2008