Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
1. Prepare Beans: Rinse and discard the broken and discolored beans. Put the beans in a pot and cover with water. Discard any beans that float to the top. Soak beans for at least 4 hours.
2. Drain beans and cover with new water, about an inch above beans. Boil beans for 10 minutes, skimming foam from top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer beans for 30 minutes. Add salt and continue to simmer until tender, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
3. Prepare Spice Mix: Combine the garlic, parsley, oregano, oil, lemon rind and juice, salt and peppers. Divide the mixture in half. Toss the beans with half of the spice mix.
4. Prepare Roast Lamb: Rub lamb with remaining spice mix. Place in roasting pan and roast lamb for 10 minutes.
5. Turn oven down to 325F. Toss onions in olive oil and add to pan with lamb; roast for 10 minutes. Mix tomato paste with stock. Deglaze the pan with wine and stir in the stock and tomato paste. Add prepared beans. Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer registers 135F for rare, 155F for medium or 165F for well done. Remove lamb from oven. Tent pan lightly with foil and let rest for 20 minutes before carving. Season beans with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley, oregano and lemon wedges. Serve over hot cooked rice.
*You will have about 6-1/2 cups, so if you want to substitute canned beans, just start here with about 6 to 7 cups.