Preheat broiler on high
1. Combine ¼ cup of olive oil, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1/8 cup chopped Italian parsley, salt and pepper. Slice Multi Grain bread in half and drizzle with olive oil and garlic mixture. Place under broiler and broil until golden brown. Slice into 1” pieces
2. Rinse mussels under cold water; remove beard from mussels and any other materials from shell.
3. Combine white wine and water with saffron, ginger, lemon peel and garlic bring to a simmer, and add in cleaned mussels and cover.
4. Cook for approx. 6-8 minutes (shaking often) until mussels open up.
5. Remove cooked mussels from pot with a slotted spoon, add butter and swirl into broth, adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
6. Pour seasoned broth over mussels; serve with crusty bread.