Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
1. Combine the cheese and berries in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to combine, leaving some small pieces of fruit. Chill covered.
2. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar in a medium sized bowl. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, two forks or fingertips. Stir in the strawberries.
3. Stir the egg, yolk and buttermilk into the dry ingredients, gradually.
4. Knead the dough briefly on a floured surface to create a soft ball. Flatten the dough into a ½ inch thickness and cut into desired shapes with a knife, cookie cutter or glass. Gently place each scone onto a greased baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm with cream cheese.